Thursday 15 March 2018

Production of Logos

I decided to use Adobe Illustrator to make both my artist logo and production company logo as it was a piece of software I was already familiar with and confident in using. 

Artist Logo

For my artist logo I decided to sketch 4 rough ideas so I could get some feedback from my target audience and then choose from a range of ideas. My initial rough sketches are below:

After gathering feedback from my target audience on all four of my artist logos, I decided I would stick with my first idea because it got the most positive feedback and was the one that I liked the most. 

Making my artist logo using Adobe Illustrator:

1. Similarly to my production logo, all of these designs comprised of basic text and the crown visual meaning that it was easy to create. So firstly I used the text tool to create the separate words and then placed them in the arrangement. It was important for me to pick a font that fit my genre.

2. I used the line tool and oval tool to make the crown visual and then put it over the 'T'.

3. I also decreased the size of the crown visual and placed it onto the edge of the last 'E' of 'THRONE' so it looked like it was hanging off the actual letter.

My Final Artist Logo:














Production company logo

As I did with the artist logo, I came up with 4 production company logos before deciding which one to take forward and make in Adobe Illustrator. My initial rough sketches are below:


I decided to use and produce my second idea because I thought one of the designs with the rectangle shapes (2 or 3) would be the most suitable for putting on my digipak and possibly my website. Between the two I liked the second design more because it thought I needed to have the word 'productions' within the logo otherwise it would people may not know what HEIR means or that it is even the production logo. 

Making the production logo in Adobe Illustrator:

1. As my logo design was made up of text and shapes it was relatively easy to produce in Illustrator. But the first thing I did was create the rectangle outline using the shape tool. 

2. Secondly I used the text tool to write the production name and then I just placed this where I wanted it inside of the box. 

3. Lastly I used the line tool to make the crown, making sure to zoom in and make sure that the crown looked neat with no lines poking out. After I was happy with the appearance of it, I simply decreased the size and placed it above both of the 'i'''s of the text. With a simple line underneath the word production which I made thicker.

My Final Production Logo:













No comments:

Post a Comment

Candidate Information

Candidate Name: Abigail Baxter Candidate Number: 4129 Centre Number: 14405 Brief: A promotional package for the release of an album, to ...